[Jewish] Organization list

ljg98 at hampshire.edu ljg98 at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 7 13:06:52 EST 2003

hi there.
i don't post to this list very often, but i was reading through this list of
orgs., etc, and noticed the "fresh food project" of the food bank listed..
Hampshire is already involved in this - i've been coordinating it for the last
2 years.  all it involves is delivering 50-200 lbs. of prepared frozen surplus
food to alternating area distribution centers.  ideally, i try to do it once a
week.  i would love for anyone interesed in helping out to give me a ring or an
email - i'm not certain that i'll be in western mass after this semester and am
very eager to ensure that the fresh food project be sustainable at hampshire.

this is an especially easy and helpful thing to do if you have a car or a
license/and or defensive driving.

if anyone's interested, give me a ring, and you can come along the next time i
deliver and see how it goes (to holyoke or noho).
you will be most appreciated!!!

thanks in advance,
Lauren (goldrich)
253-1384

Quoting dmd02 at hampshire.edu:

> Hello again!
>
> Ok, I know I promised a list of 4 or 5 places, but I went to
> www.valleyviewpoint.org and found a huge, comprehensive list of volunteer
> opportunities in the Valley.  Take a look at it and let me know what appeals
> you.  Besides a listing of every place, this list also gives a general idea
> of
> what types of services are offered and what types of organizations exist.
> Over
> the weekend I'll try to organize this into categories.
>
> Thanks!
>
> <3 Diana
>
> PS Don't forget about the Tzedakah box tonight!
>
> Don't Just Sit There
Volunteer Opportunities in the Pioneer Valley