[Jewish] donation and S.O.U.R.C.E.

amd00 at hampshire.edu amd00 at hampshire.edu
Sun Oct 6 21:46:25 EDT 2002

Hi all.

Two things:

1. I was telling my father about Shabbat dinners and birkat hamazon and singing
and he decided to donate a bag full of B'kol Echad song books to the JSU.  The
B'kol Echad books are the blue books that Ari and I have.  They are officially
put out by United Synagogue, the Conservative organization.  I like them
because they have a very trustworthy transliteration  and many many songs in a
somewhat logical order.  I know we were talking about which kind of book we
wanted to get, etc, but I kind of figured if it was a donation we wouldn't
object. Hope that's okay with everyone.  We could still make photocopies of
other songs and other versions of birkat hamazon if we wanted to and just stick
them inside. I could even teach y'all how to stitch books out of them or do it
myself. I love excuses to use my awl.

2. Also, my friend Prachee is high up in the ranks of S.O.U.R.C.E. which stands
for something that has to do with Students Of Under Represented Cultures
(E___).  She is thinking of doing some type of culture sharing type thingie
this year and has invited us to do stuff with them.  She works in the Cultural
Center (the little house-like building in the woods between Prescott and Cole
Science) on Saturday nights from something like 9-midnight.  During that time
she is encouraging people of all cultures to come and share their music and
dance.  We are welcome.  She'll be able to give you much more articulate and
precise information herself.  Her email is: prachee_sinha at hotmail.com

b'shalom
<>
 RL