[HSU-CoordBoardInternal] Apology to Fundcom

cjp12 at hampshire.edu cjp12 at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 12 21:48:58 EST 2014

Hey, I just saw this and did a quick rewrite. I just dropped most of
the parts where we defended ourselves. We look back either way so its
better to just suck it up and apologize for things even if it isn't
our fault. I would actually be happy to handle apologies in the
future. Sorry about the delayed response.

Fundcom,

Coordinating Board would like to apologize for its miscommunication
and failure to get the FundCom proposal on the agenda on January 28th,
2014.

In retrospect, we believe the situation resulted from internal
miscommunication between ourselves and Fundcom. CoordBoard made an
error when we suggested that your proposal would likely be on the
agenda for the 1/28/2014 Town Meeting. At the time in which we had
conversed with your representative, our agenda was already full and
advertised to the community. Clearly we both need to do better at
communicating. Though in this case the breakdown of communication in
this case lies more clearly at our doorstep. We are called the
Coordinating Board after all.

We apologize for our failure to get your funding into town meeting.
Obviously, we need to get this funding into the next town meeting. So
discussion of this matter with your representative(s) at the next
Coord Board meeting would be a good idea.  Please feel free to email
us at coordboard at hampshire.edu. We look forward to hearing from you
and regret taking so long to get back to you. Lets get you the funding
you deserve.

Regretfully,
CoordBoard

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is
has taken place. -George Bernard Shaw