[Haiti_action] updates

Liza Neal lneal at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 5 13:43:29 EST 2010

Hey Folks,

Here's the notes from Thursday's meeting, and some additional info.
On the 16th, there will be a screening of The Agronomist at 7p in one of
the Lecture Halls. On the 18th there will be the bands' fundraiser at 8p
in the Red Barn. We are looking at late Feb/early march for the guest
speaker(s) and student panel. One possibility for the speaker is
bringing the director of the movie recently screened at Amherst here to
speak, along with showing the movie. Folks are checking in with her
regarding possible dates and expenses. The possibility of co-sponsoring
with Amherst and use of their guest house was raised. The interns are
making decisions this week about whether the all houses event will be
focused on Haiti.  The rave will be early March depending on dates the
dj and dining commons are available. A possible group for that
fundraiser to go to is The Haiti Project, an organization that students
are involved with that works on a small island just off Haiti
particularly around providing food not only for those on the island but
also the many folks who have been moving there after the earthquake. We
will meet again next Thursday Feb. 11th 12n in the Airport Lounge.

Additionally, there is now a Haiti Action calendar on the intranet. So
if you hear of off campus events, send them to the list serv and we'll
put them up on the intranet calendar as well. There is a local community
group with some significant funding sources and music sources that would
like to work with us for an event in the RCC. We can talk more about
that this coming Thursday.
I think that's it...oh wait, two more things. We had talked about a
craft table. We will have a table at the 40th anniversary alumni
reunion, so if folks know of crafts that people would want to donate to
sell then, send word/crafts. On Monday at 12n in the Merrill Living Room
there will be a meeting to talk about the Alternative Spring Break trip
to New Orleans. If you are interested please come or email me, as there
is still much to be done in the wake of Katrina even though it's years
later. Next Spring Break we're planning to go to Haiti, and you can let
me know now if you are interested in that as well.

Don't forget, food for thought tonight!
Be well!
Peace
Liza