[GRN] Tomorrow's Meeting

Fionnbharr Warren few14 at hampshire.edu
Sun Feb 26 14:47:22 EST 2017

Hi All!
This is an announcement about our meeting tomorrow (Monday 2/27). This
is a little last minute, but we are going to be switching things up a
little this week. Instead of our regular meeting, we invite you to
attend a screening of "Paris Is Burning" at Amherst College with us.
Here is a short synopsis of the film: "Paris Is Burning is a 1990
American documentary film directed by Jennie Livingston. Filmed in the
mid-to-late 1980s, it chronicles the ball culture of New York City and
the African-American, Latino, gay, and transgender communities involved
in it. Some critics consider the film to be an invaluable documentary of
the end of the "Golden Age" of New York City drag balls, and a
thoughtful exploration of race, class, gender, and sexuality in
America." The event is 6-8pm tomorrow, there will be dinner and
discussion to follow. Here is a link to the Facebook event for more
information: https://www.facebook.com/events/1369038426503568/. If you
are interested in attending the event, we can take the 5:20 bus together
tomorrow.
Hope to see you.
Happy Sunday!
all the best,