[GRIN] CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS & VOLUNTEERS FOR 6TH ANNUAL QUEER GENDER AND SEXUALITY CONFERENCE

Jess Ide jci12 at hampshire.edu
Fri Feb 6 14:30:10 EST 2015

*** CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS! ***

The 6th Annual Queer Gender and Sexuality Conference is accepting workshop
proposals! We are open to a broad range of topics and always excited to
offer new and different things in our program. Artists, healers, educators,
organizers and activists of all kinds are encouraged to submit! All
experience levels welcome.

Previous conferences have had workshops such as:

* Ace and Grace Space
* Anti-Racism in the Queer Community
* Beyond Binaries: Identity and Sexuality
* Creating Safe Classrooms for Youth
* Double Edge: Transgender and BDSM
* The Empire Strikes Back to the Future: A Creative Workshop on Time Travel
and Imperialism
* Fat and Queer
* Hollaback! Boston Presents: We Hollaback! Creating A World Without LGBTQ
Harassment
* How To Be A Friend, Roommate or Lover to Someone Living With HIV/AIDS
* Names We’ve Been Denied: Queer Diaspora and the Search for Home
* Navigating Poly
* Performing the Queer Revolution: Theatre and Queer Activism
* Priestesses, Aces, Fools & Queens: A Queer Read of the Tarot
* Qs About the T
* Queer and Trans Parenting
* Queer Ecology: Intersecting Environmental Justice and Queer Theory
* Radical Queer Access: Collective Approaches to Disability Justice in
Queer Spaces
* Radical Mental Health
* Rope Basics: A Beginners’ Knot and Bondage Workshop
* Safer Sex for All Bodies
* Struggle and Solidarity in Queer Interracial Relationships
* When the Rainbow Meets the White Coat: Building Self-Advocacy in College
Healthcare Systems

Proposals are due Friday 2/13, with a possible deadline extension.

SUBMIT A WORKSHOP HERE: hamp.it/queerconfworkshop

For more information about the conference, you can visit: hamp.it/5cqgsc

Please email queerconf at hampshire.edu with any questions.

*** ALSO SEEKING VOLUNTEERS ***

QueerConf is one of the largest LGBT events in the Northeastern United
States and it takes a lot of people to make it work! If you are interested
in volunteering during the conference then we encourage you to do so!
Volunteers will be fed during the conference and can get up to 20 or more
CEL-1 hours over the course of just two days! It also looks really
fantastic on a resume! While we definitely want volunteers who can dedicate
their time for the entirety of the conference, if you can only volunteer
for a portion of the conference then we still appreciate it and encouage
you to volunteer! We can really use every hand that we can get!

If you want to volunteer then please email the volunteer coordinator:
jci12 at hampshire.edu ; with your name, pronouns, preferred email, dietary
restrictions, and any (dis)abilities you have which would help in knowing
who is best suited for which tasks during the conference.

*** PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFORMATION FAR AND WIDE. THROUGHOUT AND BEYOND THE
FIVE-COLLEGE COMMUNITY ***

This event is open to the public for people of all identities! Please tell
all of your friends in every state  and county if you think they would be
interested in volunteering or running a workshop.