[GRIN] Headcanons! Smiles! Preparations!

Jess Ide jci12 at hampshire.edu
Sun Nov 16 19:08:36 EST 2014

Hi everybody!

Tomorrow is at 6pm in the CFF we'll be hosting an informal discussion on trans and gnc Headcanons in media, born out of the lack of explicit representation. How can we make our own? What are your faves?

At 7pm we're having an organizing meeting. We'll be doing the last preparations for trans day of remembrance, which is Thursday! Theres going to be a piece on campus for it involving chalk all over campus. There's a Facebook event we made which has been shared around and there will also be an intranet post soon. It might be triggering for some folk so the morning of I'll send out a map of locations where there will be chalk.

We also have a big update from the CRINGE task force: we're done mapping out the records system and are finally moving on to composing a proposal for solutions!

See you all tomorrow! and please do take care of yourselves. Thursday is emotionally taxing and it's okay to remove yourself from it and do self care, and it's okay to leave the meeting when the topic comes up and we'll get you when we're done
<3
Jess