[GRIN] Justice for Michael Brown in Springfield today

Jess Ide jci12 at hampshire.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:13:43 EST 2014

Hey all,

I know this isn't directly related to the student groups this listservs
are for but I think intersectionality is important and all, and a
massive population of queer and trans people are black and face lots of
violence from police, so I think this _is _relevent and _very _important
so!!!

Today at 7:00pm at 467 State St, in Springfield, is a big direct action
meeting for justice for michael brown and the other black youth killed
by police every 28 hours.

For everyone who normally goes to GRIN, I'm assuming you don't have any
schedule conflicts since this is at the same time GRIN organizing
meetings normally are, but since we aren't meeting today, there isn't a
conflict.

Of course I understand that there isn't any public transport easily
connecting Amherst to Springfield (hrrmmm, I wonder why) so you'll need
to find a way to drive or get a ride from someone, and of course not
everyone can do that, but there are people trying to figure out rides on
the event page for the rally earlier today:
https://www.facebook.com/events/375763442582342/377014145790605/ where
you'll also find more information once it's updated.

Please try to make it if you can!

Wiith love and urgency,

~Jess