[Glasscollective] First Meeting Tomorrow!

Jeffrey Porter jbp10 at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 25 21:36:21 EDT 2013

Hey glassmakers,

   Tomorrow (9/26) is our first official meeting of the semester at 6:30pm
in the hot shop of Lemelson! We'll be teaching how to safely assemble and
disassemble torches and demonstrating basic techniques necessary for
quality glass products.

   The Facebook page for Glass Collective
is https://www.facebook.com/groups/478356865557426/

That link should work as long as you're in the Hampshire network.

   I've set up CEL-1 credit, which can be found
at campusengagedlearning.hampshire.edu. I would suggest attending a meeting
or a few before signing up however, as I only give credit to those who are
consistently working with myself or the other 2 signers, Sky and Colin.

   A few of you have emailed asking about different times, which I totally
understand. I get back from a rock climbing class at 6 and have a yurt
radio show at 8, so Thursdays are completely packed for me as well. Sky
will be running alternate meeting times, so contact him at
shg12 at hampshire.edu to make a time to meet. If you're lucky, he might even
give you his number.

   Until tomorrow, here's some sweet implosions:

http://jewelrymakingjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2270_01-485x521.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_s-sYedgJ9E/T-sow3ykPxI/AAAAAAAAFEM/Gu9r60duzGQ/s640/067.JPG

Cheers,
   Jeff