[Glasscollective] Meeting/Training times

jbp10 at hampshire.edu jbp10 at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:05:34 EDT 2012

Cherished Collective,

  Meeting tonight, usual time, 6:30 to 8. Aside from that, I responded to a
couple emails that asked about Glenn's training times before I read his
mass email about change of times. The last group training of the semester
is NOT tonight at 7PM, but this upcoming Tuesday at 7PM. That will be the
last shop training of this semester, meaning that if you want to work on
glass and haven't signed Glenn's waiver, you will need to schedule an
individual training with him at another point.

  Even if you're not trained, come to the meeting tonight, we can go over
materials and set-up/break-down procedures and you can watch us give demos
on techniques. The shop closes early at 8 tonight, so we will likely stop
working at 7:45.

  If you're interested in working without us (the signers) in the future,
you need to demonstrate to us that you can flawlessly connect and start up
the torches, understand the use of materials (graphic vs. steel, etc.) and
show basic glassworking technique. Best way to go about this is to do the
set-up for us at 6:30 and take apart the torches at the end of a meeting
and you'll be mostly on your way to independence.

  To those out there who can't make our Thursday meetings, I'll make time on
Tuesday, 10/23 at ~6:00PM to run another session. Another email will go out
on Monday or early Tuesday to confirm that I'm still available to make that
time.

  Sorry for the long email, but I'm in class right now so I have all the
time in the world to blabber on. Anyway, here's some glass:

http://www.catherinecheek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/glass-pumpkin-2.jpg

http://glass-zoo.com/images/detailed/3/g2a-263.jpg

  Cheers,
  Jeff, Colin & Ayliffe