[Glasscollective] Meeting tonight and laserlight awesomeness

Maximillian Geoffrey Hardcastle mgh08 at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 21 16:59:37 EDT 2010

Hey glass collective!

Just reminding you all that we're meeting tonight at 7.  Design conspiracy at 6.
 I'll bring some of my marbles for people to see, I think one of you requested
that I do so.

On a different note, Dan Oran showed me THE most amazing thing.  We turned out
all the lights and pointed a laser through a piece of clear glass and the light
show on the wall was unlike anything I've ever seen before.  Actually it looked
a lot like that old windows screensaver where the lines bounce around, but way
more organic and awesome.  It was also a little bit like the sunlight patterns
on the bottom of a pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP8LxxbTmks

That video is way crappier than what we were able to produce with his laser and
some of the scrap glass, so if anyone has a laser please bring it and we might
be able to turn out all the lights in the classroom down the hall and create a
sweet lightshow with some torched glass pieces.  The more mangled the piece is
the cooler the show (I think!).

See y'all in a few,
Max