[Glasscollective] tues at 7

Maximillian Geoffrey Hardcastle mgh08 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 20 02:07:57 EDT 2010

Sorry to those of you who came at 7, I was waylaid and got there at 7:30.  For
the future I'll usually try to make 7 on Tuesdays but will probably
consistently be late.  DART is 6-7ish on tuesdays.

ALSO IMPORTANT: I fired up the kiln today and it seems like the thermocouple is
a little wonky.  I had it on the chalked "1050F" line (the annealing
temperature for boro) and after a little while it was up to 1500 and glowin'
hot!  If this makes sense to you great but if not don't worry about it.  Long
story short: large objects (like huge marbles!) need to be cooled VERY slowly
and that is why we have a kiln.

hope to see you thurs!
max