[GEO] Welcome back to campus | Upcoming GEO Events, Save the Date Deadlines, and GEO Resources

Brianna Mercker bmercker at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 16 14:38:05 EDT 2009

*Welcome back to campus from the Global Education Office [GEO]!*

/New to this listserv? Remember that all of GEO's weekly digests (since fall '07) are available online! Follow the link at the very bottom of this email, then click on "GEO Archives".

/- - - - - - - - - -

CONTENTS

Upcoming GEO Events
- Navigating Study Abroad Info Session
- Five College Study Abroad Fairs
- Hampshire Exchange in London: Goldsmiths College Interest Session
- Short-Term Programs Info Session

Save the Date: Study Abroad Deadlines
- January & Spring Term 2010 Deadlines

GEO Resources
- GEO Ambassadors
- Student Blogs from the Field

- - - - - - - - - -

UPCOMING GEO EVENTS
Check for more upcoming events at http://www.hampshire.edu/geo/events.htm

Navigating Study Abroad | Every Thursday @ 4pm in GEO
Weekly GEO Info Sessions provide an overview of study abroad options and how to begin planning your study abroad experience.

Five College Study Abroad Fairs
Amherst | Monday, Sept. 21st 11:30am-2pm | AC Keefe Campus Center
UMass | Monday, Sept. 21st 4-6pm | UM Campus Center, Lower Level
Smith | Tuesday, Sept. 22nd 12-3pm | SC Campus Center Lawn
Mt.Holyoke | Tuesday, Sept. 22nd 6-8pm | MHC Chapin Auditorium

Hampshire Exchange in London: Goldsmiths College Interest Session
Tuesday, Sept. 22nd 12pm | Merrill Living Room
Information session for student interested in studying abroad at Goldsmith College [http://www.hampshire.edu/geo/england.htm]

Hampshire Short-Term Programs: Jan-Term & May/Summer Info Session
Tuesday, Sept. 22nd 4pm | FPH West Lecture Hall
Come find out about what programs are being offered this year during Jan-Term & May/Summer, application requirements, and deadlines.

- - - - - -  - -
*
SAVE THE DATE: STUDY ABROAD DEADLINES*
*
**Hampshire Semester Exchange Application Deadline for Spring 2010*
Friday, October 16th | For all Hampshire Exchange Programs in S'10 (some ISEP programs have earlier deadline)

*Hampshire Jan-Term Short-Term Field Courses Application Deadline*
Friday, October 16th | For all Short-Term Field Courses offered Jan-Term 2010

*Hampshire Enrollment Notification Deadline for Spring 2010*
Friday, November 13th | For all students going on Field Study or Exchange in S'10

- - - - - - - -

*GEO RESOURCES*

GEO Ambassadors: Meet our dream team!
Please join us in a heartfelt welcome to our returning GEO Ambassadors: Alessandra Crookson, Sam Friedman, Xiaolei Gu, Thais Guisasola, and Brittney Sampson; and to our newest team member: Leanna Pohevitz. Visit GEO Monday - Friday [9-12 & 1-4] and they'll be here to assist you!

Student Blogs from the Field
Check out the current line-up of Hampshire students blogging from abroad [Netherlands, Argentina, and Scotland], stay tuned for upcoming additions, and visit blogs from the past. [http://www.hampshire.edu/geo/blogs.htm]

*QUESTIONS? SUGGESTIONS?*

For questions/suggestions regarding this list email geo at hampshire.edu

To discuss going abroad, please call or visit GEO. We do not accept appointment requests via email.
Global Education Office | Hampshire College | Amherst, MA 01002
http://geo.hampshire.edu | Phone: (413) 559-5542 | Fax: (413) 559-6173

DISCLAIMER: Opportunities and programs listed on this listserv (unless specified as Hampshire Exchange or Short-Term Programs) are not
endorsed by our office.  It is a list of opportunities that have come our way that look particularly interesting or that might be good fit for some Hampshire students.  Just because a program is listed here does necessarily mean that Hampshire "recommends" it any more than programs not listed.