[CommAdvocacy] CPSC Social Justice Summer Grant Info for Students- PLEASE FORWARD!

Amnat Chittaphong achittaphong at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 24 09:34:19 EST 2011

Hey Everyone! (please forward widely to your classes/listerves/networks!)

We hope you will encourage your students to apply for one or both of the
*Community Partnerships for Social Change's Summer Grant* offerings this
year! As you meet with your students about their summer plans, be sure
to remind them of the many opportunities Hampshire programs offer for
students to get hands on experience in their areas of study! As always,
CPSC continues to offer Summer grants to Division II students on
financial aid to work with social change organizations of their choice-
whose work is related to their divisional studies. In addition to CPSC's
24th annual grant program, we have received *additional funding
exclusively for Students of Color* who are in their Division II or III
(as long as they aren't graduating in May) and also on financial aid.
This donation was put forth by the parent of an alum who was really
impressed with the organizing work that took place during Action
Awareness week in 2008 and wants to continue to support the SOURCE
community at Hampshire with more internship opportunities.

Below is also a link to other Social Justice oriented grants being
offered by CORC, Global Migrations and the Law Program that your
students may be eligible for! We also want to make you aware that our
programs came together to create a "Common Application" this year so if
you are an advisor you will only have to fill out one Faculty Rec Form
that can be applied to each of our programs. A link to our common
website is here: http://www.hampshire.edu/corc/20379.htm

*THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE GRANT PROGRAMS IS MARCH
31st, 2011!*
*
Below is lots of information for your students to consider and links to
various websites with resources and application materials: *
A couple things you should all know right off the bat: CPSC grants
necessitate that you find your own organization to work with, and
request a letter of support from them. This is absolutely the first
thing you should be doing now- getting in contact with folks and
locating yourself a solid placement. If you need help finding an
organization, checkout this resource:
http://www.hampshire.edu/corc/14393.htm, or sign up for an appointment
and we can help you brainstorm(particularly if you're interested in
working locally). You can also set up an appointment with CORC staff for
support looking through all those online databases!

Also, there are a number of other Hampshire programs that offer social
justice based grants. We have come together this year to create a
"common application" so you only have to request one faculty rec form
from your advisors and one budget form that you can just make copies of
and submit to each program you apply for, in addition to the program
specific materials. Here is a link to all the other Hampshire social
justice grants available now to see which ones you're eligible for- we
encourage students to apply for as many as applicable to increase your
chances of getting funding. Check it here:
http://www.hampshire.edu/corc/20379.htm

Heres the link to can read more about the two grants CPSC is offering
this year: http://www.hampshire.edu/cpsc/20094.htm (CPSC and Common
Applications can be found on that link, and also outside our office in
G-1 of FPH)

and finally....

ATTEND A GRANT INFO SESSION: (with CORC, CPSC and GLobal Migrations)
*Thursday, February 24th at noon in the KIVA
Wednesday, March 2nd at noon in the KIVA
Thursday, March 3rd at 3:30 at the Cultural Center
Tuesday, March 8th at 5pm in the TAVERN *

All the best,
Dana Finkelstein
Community Partnerships Coordinator