[CommAdvocacy] Open TSA Meeting; Names & Pronouns

Devin Suozzi-Rearic dps09 at hampshire.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:10:13 EST 2011

Hey everyone!

Recently a group of students from the Transgender/Genderqueer Student
Alliance has been working to change the ways in which Hampshire does not
provide spaces for preferred names and pronouns to be easily accessible for
professors, for instance being on class rosters and on The Hub. We have been
working on a document outlining all of the changes we feel are necessary to
make Hampshire a much more trans* friendly environment. Here is the
document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJI7uik1NGO4mdqJU4Qy-3uzl564MHqkqKNK8ufgeNs/edit?hl=en&authkey=COmcqboC&pli=1#

We have met with Amnat Chittaphong, the Dean of Community Advocacy, a couple
of times and he has been very helpful. Most recently he gave us a list of
changes which can be implemented immediately.

The TSA would like to invite you to an open meeting tomorrow night
(Thursday) at 7pm in the CFF to discuss these proposed changes. Bring your
thoughts, ideas & input :)

Hope to see you all there!
Devin