[Clusterusers] lein upgrade needed on fly (I think)

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Fri Mar 8 21:12:06 EST 2019

I *think* that only Josiah may have the permissions to do this, but since it's the weekend I'm sending it to the list in case someone else might also have permission and get to it sooner.

I'm trying to do some Clojure (Clojush) runs on fly for the first time in a while, and I'm getting errors that I think may be related to some dependency updates that we made to the Clojush project recently.

The Java versions look okay, because it runs fine on my mac with Java 1.8.0_40, and fly seems to be running Java 1.8.0_181, which is newer if I understand the versioning correctly.

But the leiningen version on fly is 2.8.1, while the version I have on my mac which runs without error is 2.9.1.

What I think this means is that we need to do "lein upgrade" on fly, which when I try says "You do not have permission to upgrade the installation in /share/apps/bin/lein".

If anyone with the right permissions can run this I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

 -Lee

Director, Institute for Computational Intelligence
Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, 01002, USA
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/, 413-559-5352