[Clusterusers] A few nodes rebooted

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 12 07:41:06 EDT 2017

Hi all,

    In the past 24 hours, compute-1-3 (yesterday), and then last night,
compute-2-9 through compute-2-12 and compute-2-30 all rebooted
themselves and reinstalled due to overheating and/or overwhelming the
UPSes they are plugged into.

    The A/C in the room can't keep up and neither can the UPSes, so I
think I'll try at least temporarily retiring the oldest and least
performance/watt-efficient nodes, which is I think at this point rack 4,
and see if that solves both problems, since we aren't using them for
much anyway.

--
-----
Wm. Josiah Erikson