[Clusterusers] glibc version on fly, cluster

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Fri May 12 21:08:25 EDT 2017

hi folks,
we're currently at glibc 2.12 which is fairly oldish - there's a shiny
new blender with with pretty impressive rendering improvements (new
shaders and massive speed increases) - but as of the *last* blender
version, they dropped glibc older than 2.19

This is mainly a question for josiah, but can we do something like have
two glibc versions on the system? or some kind of fancy chroot/local
environment? failing that, I might need some help building for fly
(installing dependencies, cmake, etc.)

cheers,
Bassam