[Clusterusers] 28 fly blades unresponsive

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Mon May 8 09:07:52 EDT 2017

Thanks Tom!

I've also noticed some of Lee's jobs taking some nodes "offline"
temporarily - they come back, but they seem to have a really hard time
with whatever you threw at them and can't answer in time from time to
time...

    -Josiah

On 5/7/17 9:41 PM, Lee Spector wrote:

> Awesome -- thanks!!
>
>  -Lee
>

>> On May 7, 2017, at 8:52 PM, Thomas Helmuth <trhtom at gmail.com
>> <mailto:trhtom at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> Sometimes after a power outage, the nodes come back online but
>> tractor doesn't start on them. A while back Josiah shared with me the
>> magic incantation to launch tractor across the cluster:
>>
>> sudo /opt/rocks/bin/tentakel /etc/init.d/tractor-blade start
>>
>> I assume they went down after the solar power thing last week, and
>> hadn't come back online. I just ran the above, so they're (mostly)
>> back now.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Lee Spector <lspector at hampshire.edu
>> <mailto:lspector at hampshire.edu>> wrote:
>>
>>     If I'm reading the Tractor interface correctly, it looks like 28
>>     fly blades are unresponsive.
>>
>>     Does anyone know why or what might be done about it?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>
>>      -Lee
>>
>>     --
>>     Lee Spector, Professor of Computer Science
>>     Director, Institute for Computational Intelligence
>>     Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
>>     lspector at hampshire.edu <mailto:lspector at hampshire.edu>,
>>     http://hampshire.edu/lspector/, 413-559-5352 <tel:413-559-5352>

> --
> Lee Spector, Professor of Computer Science
> Director, Institute for Computational Intelligence
> Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
> lspector at hampshire.edu <mailto:lspector at hampshire.edu>,
> http://hampshire.edu/lspector/, 413-559-5352

Wm. Josiah Erikson
Assistant Director of IT, Infrastructure Group
System Administrator, School of CS
(413) 559-6091