[Clusterusers] long running renders

Chris Perry perry at hampshire.edu
Fri Jun 12 22:11:35 EDT 2015

Jordan seems to have spooled with a time limit of 2160, which yes is 36 hours per frame max though many seem to be finishing with fewer than that.

If this is hogging the farm too much, I think we could and should limit the Maxwell launches. Right now we’re at 40. I could lower it to 20 or so which will still give Jordan cycles but not at the expense of others needing to render.

LMK what you all think. If I can’t deal with this before I leave town (tomorrow), Josiah can definitely change the limit too.

- chris