[Clusterusers] A Little More Cluster Time

Thomas Helmuth thelmuth at cs.umass.edu
Fri Jan 24 21:29:42 EST 2014

Hi fly cluster users,

Lee and I have a paper deadline coming up on January 29th, and I am hoping
to get a few sets of runs before the deadline. If it isn't too much of an
inconvenience, I was wondering if it would be possible to pause other task
launches until all of my runs have started.

If it helps, I never use certain nodes because I have had problems with
crashed runs on them, so you'd be able to still use those. I'm not sure
exactly which ones I don't use -- Josiah has set up the service tag "tom"
for them. I'm sure I'm not using any asheclass nodes, and I believe a few
nodes on racks 1 and 4. Maybe Josiah could even set up a service tag that
includes the nodes I don't use? I'm not sure if this would be helpful for
already spooled jobs, but could with future jobs.

Thanks, and I'll let you know when all my runs have nodes!
Tom