[Clusterusers] ANOTHER power outage, and UPSes

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 7 19:01:56 EDT 2013

I brought two UPSes over earlier today, and was going to wait until an
opportunity like this to plug them in.

I assume that I should prioritize the compute-2-x nodes, since they are
mostly what is used for the longest-running jobs that lose the most work
if the nodes go down?

If it's OK, I will wait until tomorrow morning to bring the
tractor-blades back up so that I'm not pulling down nodes that are
running jobs that will just have to be interrupted again for me to put
UPSes under them.

I don't think I have enough UPS yet to power all of Rack 2, but I'll do
as much as I can. I am ordering some more batteries tomorrow for another
old 2200VA UPS that I found in the library server room :)

--
-----
Wm. Josiah Erikson