[Clusterusers] breve segmentation faults on fly

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 29 08:46:23 EDT 2007

In the last couple of days I've been having a lot of my breve runs on
fly dying, after running correctly for a while, with the following in
their log files:

/share/apps/breve/dev/bin/breve: line 13: 20607 Segmentation
fault      $DIRECTORY/breve_ex $*

I don't think I've seen this previously. Could it be the new memory
allocation limits? Or something in a recent breve build? I guess it's
possible that it's ultimately due to a change in my code, but it's
hard for me to see how -- I've changed little and what I've changed
seems harmless.

I'm not sure what that "line 13" is line 13 of -- couldn't be my
simulation source, since that's just a @define ...

Hitting a hard memory limit -- perhaps what Josiah recently set up --
makes sense to me, though I'm not sure how to verify it after the
fact...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

  -Lee

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438