[Clusterusers] Memory limits in place

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:13:34 EDT 2007

Hello all,
    I have imposed memory limits on the cluster. Theoretically, any new
processes started should have the following limits per login shell:

    -3GB on the 2GB nodes
    -5GB on the 4GB nodes
    -1.5GB on the 768MB nodes

    Let me know if this causes any problems.  It shouldn't, I wouldn't
think, but it will be interesting to see how breve responds when told it
can't have any more memory, which is most likely to happen on the 768MB
nodes... right now there are several nodes with close to or just over
2GB of RAM being "used", even though they only have 768MB of physical RAM.

    My cell is 413 687 4298 if anything needs to be addressed immediately.

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Computing Support