[Clusterusers] update on dispatching scheme status

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Mon Dec 3 13:08:24 EST 2007

It looks like it's working. I'm quite pleased....

I just watched a frame run out of RAM that was asking for more RAM than
the node had... and nothing but the render crashed. But it shouldn't
have happened because it was a leftover job from before I switched the
dispatching scheme, and it wouldn't have run out of RAM if it had been
the only job on the node. (I'll respool it - It's *u4_19 frames 216-216
(occ) )*

There are several nodes that are out of RAM because breve is using it
all, and alfred is correctly detecting that that is true and not
spooling jobs to them.

Frames appear to be going through more quickly and using up all the
processor available on a node (and ash-perry still wins by a long shot
for speed, but we knew that). Also, renders seem to be happily
coexisting on nodes with breve that are using less RAM.

Let me know if you see anything that doesn't look right.

    -Josiah