[Clusterusers] [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: please read and forward to your students!]]

Wm. Josiah Erikson wjerikson at hampshire.edu
Mon Dec 3 12:07:31 EST 2007

There is now a "students" crew, that consists of the following accounts:

maw99 anm00 edv02 phm01 bjk02 ash03 hchen bjf02 rfa03 dlenna b0hdi dcc06
finitealgebra clustervis gisman

(Some of these are really old and haven't been used in years, but whatever)

They have a time of "always" and a new server group I made:
Cluster1SlotPerNode, which is exactly what it sounds like: one slot per
node on the cluster.... however, it's the OTHER slot from what the
NotLab1SlotPerNode server group has (which is what the anim account
spools to), so it should allow us to share the cluster pretty well.

I also tweaked the UDI's just a tad, setting the newer cluster nodes to
"9", since they're decidedly faster than the old nodes, as Brian's nice
render page has told us (where you can compare render times on different
nodes side-by-side... the new nodes are about 50% faster on average, it
seems, which rocks)

  -Josiah