[Clusterusers] still need info on cluster use for grant report ASAP

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Sat May 27 01:05:08 EDT 2006

Cluster users,

I have to report to NSF on the use of our cluster, which they have so
generously funded, and I have to do it this weekend -- it's due next
week and there are nasty consequences if it is late. So far I have
some information on cluster use by:

Jaime Davila
Rob Anderson
David Prude
Wm. Josiah Erikson

I also have mention of use for classes cs334 and cs223, but not any
details about this usage, and use by people with first names Michael,
Brian, and Evan to "render all kinds of stuff, Brian in particular
for his Division III."

I think I have almost enough info(but not quite -- see below) on
Jaime, Rob, and David's work and from Josiah on the cluster upgrades
and status. But I still need:

- Full names and more info about usage of Michael, Brian, and Evan.
- The title of Evan's Div III.
- The title of Rob Anderson's Div III.
- The title of David Prude's Div III.
- More info (about a sentence each) on how it was used for cs334 and
cs223.
- ANY OTHER USAGE BY ANY OTHER FACULTY FOR RESEARCH/ART/ETC PROJECTS
- ANY OTHER USAGE BY ANY OTHER CLASSES (WITH BRIEF DESCRIPTIONS)
- ANY OTHER USAGE BY ANY OTHER STUDENTS (WITH FULL NAMES AND BRIEF
DESCRIPTIONS OF USAGE)
- ANY PUBLICATIONS OR OTHER PRODUCTS (THIS INCLUDES DIV IIIs) WITH
ALL AVAILABLE CITATION INFO.

Sorry to be a pest about this, but considering how much money NSF
gave us for this they deserve a full report (and we should give it to
them if we want more money in the future!).

Thanks,

  -Lee

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438