[Clusterusers] grant report time -- please let me know about cluster use

Jaime Davila jdavila at hampshire.edu
Thu May 18 11:50:56 EDT 2006

Here are my bullets:

- Rob Anderson used hex to program and test his diploid genome genetic
programming system. He did a fair amount of programming there.
- David Prude used it in his (still ongoing) div III, working to
parallelize Breve. I don't know if he's on the clusterusers list or not.
- I used it to evolve breve quidditch players that learn when to pass or
keep a ball. I attacked the problem with NN, genetic programming, and
induction of decision trees.

Lee Spector wrote:

> As the title says, it's once again time for the report to the NSF on
> our cluster, which they funded.
>
> IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS I would like anyone who has used the  cluster
> in the last year to send me your name and a couple of  sentences saying
> what you used it for. Don't worry about your prose  or about lots of
> details -- I'll summarize anyway, and I'll ask you  if I need more
> details. More important is just to send me something  brief/quick in the
> next couple of days. If you've published anything  that depended on the
> cluster in any way then definitely let me know  about that too, and also
> if it supported your teaching or course  work, or a Div II or III, or an
> animation that was later shown  somewhere, etc. Everything I can list
> will help the NSF to see that  we're putting the equipment to good use.
>
> Josiah: I'd also appreciate a quick rundown of the recent and planned
> hardware and software upgrades -- again brief and quick is best.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  -Lee
>

> --
> Lee Spector, Professor of Computer Science
> School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
> 893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
> lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
> Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Jaime J. Davila