[Clusterusers] grant report time -- please let me know about cluster use

Lee Spector lspector at hampshire.edu
Wed May 17 17:30:21 EDT 2006

As the title says, it's once again time for the report to the NSF on
our cluster, which they funded.

IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS I would like anyone who has used the
cluster in the last year to send me your name and a couple of
sentences saying what you used it for. Don't worry about your prose
or about lots of details -- I'll summarize anyway, and I'll ask you
if I need more details. More important is just to send me something
brief/quick in the next couple of days. If you've published anything
that depended on the cluster in any way then definitely let me know
about that too, and also if it supported your teaching or course
work, or a Div II or III, or an animation that was later shown
somewhere, etc. Everything I can list will help the NSF to see that
we're putting the equipment to good use.

Josiah: I'd also appreciate a quick rundown of the recent and planned
hardware and software upgrades -- again brief and quick is best.

Thanks,

  -Lee

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspector at hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438