[Clusterusers] using the cluster

zhc00 at hampshire.edu zhc00 at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 7 13:49:14 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,
I just found out the cluster exists and I confess I don't really know anything
about how it works.  I think it might be very useful for my div 3 if I could
use it.  A large part of my div 3 is collecting data from particle collision
models.  These models are as you might guess pretty processor heavy, and it
would be really nice to have more processing power, particularly in a way that
would allow me to do multiple runs simultaneously.  Right now I'm running them
from a div 3 computer using Linux on the third floor of Cole, but it's fairly
slow going.
If anyone knows if the cluster is good for this sort of thing, and is willing
to help me use it please let me know.
Thanks,
Zvi