InfoBar Welcome to Fall 2021!

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 2 14:50:47 EDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

You have been subscribed to this mailing list because you will be
working at the library's InfoBar this fall.  If I subscribed you in
error, or if you would rather use your non-Hampshire address,  please
let me know.

Here is some information about this mailing list and the beginning of
the semester:

-Please realize that if you reply to a message posted to this list,
everyone on this list will see it.  We have the list set up this way on
purpose, so that if someone posts for a sub and someone responds to take
it, the whole list knows that that shift is no longer empty.  If I post
to this list and you want to respond only to me, make sure to change the
To: field to me before hitting send.  Some students have occasionally
forgotten this and have shared some rather personal information with the
whole mailing list in the past.

-Sam and I will hold our first orientation session for all student
workers on Sunday, 9/5, from 1-6pm.    The library will technically be
closed, so do come to our main entrance (up the stairs from the library
lawn) and we will let you in.  Let me know ahead of time if you would
like to use the elevator to enter the library, and one of us will meet
you on the ground floor to get you to the elevator corridor.

-During orientation we will review library policies and procedures. We
will do a tour of all of the floors of the building, and we will end
with pizza on the library lawn.  We will answer any questions you may
have about working at the library.  I will also have you complete the
library and campus employment contracts.  Please make sure to complete
your tax forms and submit them to Janel in Student Employment if you
have not already done so.

-Do let me know if you have any food restrictions that I need to know
about.  I do order a variety of plain, veggie, and meat options so there
should be something for everyone.

-Please send me an email with your availability for times Monday -
Friday, from 9am-5pm.  The library is only open these short hours for
the next 2-3 weeks, and then we will open with full fall hours.  Send me
your availability by Sunday if you can, and I will give you your
temporary schedule on Sunday.  I would like to give each student 6-8
hours for each week, but I do understand that some students may not be
that available until we open 7 days a week.  I will try to schedule you
for what you are able to work.

-Please do stop by or email me if you have any questions at all about
the job.

-Lastly, I look forward to working with all of you this semester, and I
can't wait for us to come together as a group on Sunday!

Best,

Access Services Supervisor