[Circulation] Masks in public spaces, visitor policy

Sam Sharp ssharp at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 14 13:31:07 EDT 2020

Hi All,

I wanted to reach out today to clarify some things about our current
library policies.

Firstly, and most importantly, I want to talk about mask usage while in
the library. Current policy says that masks must be worn at all times
indoors unless you are in a private office with the doors closed. Every
other interior space is considered to be a public space, where masks
must be worn at all times, even if you are alone. This applies to the
first floor of the library as well as to the stacks and bathrooms.
Please help protect your health and the health of those around you by
staying masked while indoors.

If you absolutely need to remove your mask for some reason, please let a
supervisor know, and we can give you time to step outside.

Secondly, I wanted to update you on our current visitor policy, if any
of you weren't already aware. For the time being, the campus's visitor
policy is such that only faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students
are allowed inside campus buildings. This means that our community
borrowers (patrons who are not affiliated with the college) are not
allowed in the library, and we cannot allow them to print or loan them
items. If you receive a call from one of these patrons asking about
renewing library books, please direct them to email
library at hampshire.edu, and I will help them with that remotely. Please
find our visitor policy here, for further reference:
https://www.hampshire.edu/library/circulation-policies

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for all your hard work, guys. I can't tell you how much we
appreciate having you all around this semester!

All the best,
Sam

--

/Sam Sharp (she/her)
Access Services Associate: Evening Supervisor