[Circulation] Processing Video Game Returns

Olivia Rossetti orossetti at hampshire.edu
Mon Nov 25 15:47:36 EST 2019

Hi everyone,

I wanted to reach out with a couple notes about video game returns. This
afternoon, a patron checked out a Switch game, and the cartridge was
already in the case when he brought it to the InfoBar. As a reminder,
when patrons return video games, it is VERY important to remember to
place the cartridge/disk in the locked cabinet behind the desk, in the
appropriately marked sleeve. If any of you are confused about this, ask
anyone on staff on your next shift and we'll give you a tutorial!

Second point, when re-shelving the game cases, please shelve them by
game type, and then alphabetically by title. There are shelving labels
on the spines of all of the cases to guide you. If you happen to be
re-shelving a game and notice that some cases are out of order, it would
be great for you to take a minute and sort them out again.

Thanks for all the work you do, and if I don't see you in the meantime,
have a restful few days off!

Warmly,
Olivia

--