[Circulation] Hate at Hampshire?! Posters

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Mar 22 15:35:28 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Next Tuesday there will be a panel discussion (Hate at Hampshire?!
Uniting as a Community Against Hate Speech) to explore anti-Semitic
speech. Flyers were hung up throughout the library to advertise the
event. Today we discovered that one of the flyers was defaced with
symbols and one of the librarians' names was crossed out. We're not sure
right now if there was malicious intent, but we did report it to campus
police. The defaced flyer is on the shared staff desk and a campus
police officer is supposed to pick it up some time today. Please do give
it to an officer if one comes after Tierra or I have left. I also ask
you to try to notice the flyers for this event as you move about the
library, in case there are further drawings or comments on these flyers.

Thanks,