[Circulation] slips to put in materials we check out until Tuesday

Rachel Beckwith rbeckwith at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 21 14:25:19 EDT 2018

Dear InfoBar students,

We are holding an event
<https://intranet.hampshire.edu/news-events/stay-engaged-participate-in-engage-conference-followup-programming>next
Tuesday on Hate Speech in the Library (full description below) as part
of the Stay Engaged! week:

As part of our advertising for this event, we had the idea for some
guerilla marketing to put slips of paper advertising the event that are
"attention getting" into  materials we check out between now and the
event on Tuesday.  I left a stack of slips of paper by each computer
station at the InfoBar.  If you could each slip one into a book or dvd
case that you check out, that would be great.    One slip of paper per
patron is enough.

If this doesn't make sense, just ask Suzanne or Tierra, and they can
clarify!

Thanks so much  for helping us get the word out about this event.  And I
hope you all can come too (pizza will be served after!).

Rachel

[Stay ENGAGED! is a week of events designed to the build on and extend
the social justice education, dialogue, and community building catalyzed
by the ENGAGE! conference held last October. Show up and stay ENGAGED!
No registration, except for the DEAFinitions Conference
<http://tyler22k.wixsite.com/deafinitions/2018-deafinitions>.]

*3:30pm-5:00pm:*

*Hate at Hampshire: Uniting as a community against hate speech *

A panel discussion exploring anti-semitic hate speech at Hampshire College

Sponsored by the Harold F. Johnson Library

*Panelists include:*

  * Lecia Brooks, Outreach Director of the Southern Poverty Law Center
    (video)
  * Robin Potter Nolasco, Research and Instruction Librarian for Social
    Sciences
  * Loretta Ross, Human Rights Activist and Visiting Assistant Professor
    of Women's Studies
  * Rachel Rubinstein, Dean for Academic Support, Associate Professor of
    American Literature & Jewish Studies
  * James Wald, Associate Professor of History

/Airport Lounge/

--
Rachel Beckwith
Access and Arts Librarian