[Circulation] Electronics Stolen - Protect Your Belongings!

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:15:32 EST 2017

Hi All,

A student's backpack containing his laptop and kindle were just stolen
from one of the labs in the basement. The laptop and kindle were removed
from the backpack and the backpack was found in the trash in the
restroom. This is a reminder for you all to keep a close eye on your
belongings, especially when you are working at the InfoBar. If you step
away to do a headcount do not leave your laptop or phone on the counter,
but rather tuck it on a chair out of view. Likewise, I ask that you
glance around periodically when working at the InfoBar, so that no one
walks off with my laptop if I get called away from the desk.

Besides this theft, a locked down IPad was stolen from the APL last
week, and a staff laptop and wallet were stolen from an office in Cole
last week. Our area of campus seems to be targeted right now so please
do be extra vigilant. Please call Campus Police immediately at x-5424
from a campus phone or 413-559-5424 from a cell if anyone in the library
reports that their belongings have been taken.