[Circulation] Forward from Our Library Director: Follow Up: Diversity & Inclusion Survey, Report, & Knowledge and Wellness Commons

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 25 09:46:19 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Please read through the following email from our director, Jennifer
King. Attached to this email is the draft Diversity and Inclusion report
for the library. Within the email is a link to an anonymous survey for
student workers regarding the workplace climate in the library. We would
very much value and appreciate whatever feedback you can give us on this
survey. The last paragraph of the email gives links to more information
regarding the planning for the Knowledge and Wellness Commons. Please do
take the time to read through Jennifer's email and check out the links
she provides.

Thank you, and please do ask if you have questions about this email.

Suzanne

>From Jennifer King:

Attached to this email is the draft Diversity and Inclusion Report that
Alana, Heather and Rachel shared this afternoon. In addition to sharing
the work, we are also hoping to gain a fuller perspective of the climate
within the library, and have created a survey [2] for you to tell us
about how you experience the library as a workplace. We very much hope
to have your perspective, and suggest taking a few minutes on your next
shift to answer the short questions about your experiences. Most of the
questions are multiple choice, and the survey should take 10 minutes or
fewer.

 Thanks also for the good questions and interest in the Knowledge and
Wellness Commons. As discussed, the library is in the beginning
implementation phase of a Mellon-funded Knowledge Commons, and that is
connected to the College's effort to develop a Wellness Commons. This
will effectively link wellness related resources in the Robert Crown
Center with the co-located academic resources of the library Knowledge
Commons. For those who wanted to more information about these projects,
I'm including a link to the Moodle site [3] with the background
materials, as well as the Knowledge and Wellness Commons Study. The
document I recommend viewing has this file name: 160727 Hampshire
College Knowledge Wellness Commons_Screen.pdf
 To learn more about the Knowledge Commons, you can visit the Library KC
blog. [4]
 Please let us know if you have any trouble with finding this
documentation.

 And thank you to all of the library staff who brought the incredible
baked goods! The competition was fierce, but I think we all had our
favorites on the table!

 Very best,
 Jennifer King

--