[Circulation] Printer Problems Today

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 9 11:57:52 EDT 2015

Hi All,

We are seeing some printer weirdness that IT is now aware of. The
reference computers seem to be losing the connection to Papercut, which
manages the print jobs. If patrons tell you they sent a print command
and they immediately get an error that the paper tray is empty, ask if
they ever got the box to log in with their Hampshire username and
password. If the answer is no, have the patron right click on the green
P for Papercut in the bottom of the screen, quit out of it, and then
reopen it. This reestablishes the connection to the print server. Please
also notice if the patron is working on the Mac or PC side, this seems
to be a Mac problem right now.

Also, if patrons send print commands for PDFs but they never print, ask
the patron to save them to the desktop and send the print command from
there. I've had to do this with a couple of jobs so far today.

Lastly, 3 computers are still not able to print, these are 14, 15, 16,
closest to the reference offices. Gavin is aware and is supposed to
reimage them tomorrow. There is a sign on the table in between them
letting patrons know they can't print from those machines.

Thanks, and please ask if you have questions about printing.