[Circulation] IMPORTANT INFOBAR REMINDERS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:43:43 EST 2015

Hello All,

Some important reminders, please read carefully:

-The MANDATORY SCHEDULE MEETING IS MONDAY AT 5:30PM IN THE BRADFORD
ROOM.  Please come prepared to choose your spring work schedule. The
schedule goes in effect Tuesday morning and next weekend begins weekend
one.

-TIME CARDS ARE DUE for hours worked through Saturday. Please submit
yours by Sunday, midnight.

-Please try to remember to WRITE THE EXPIRATION DATE ON ITEMS YOU PLACE
ON THE HOLD SHELF on the hold slip. On the green slips, you need to fill
in the Expires On field. That date is 7 days from the current date. This
date helps us know when items have been on the hold shelf for more than
7 days and when they should be removed and sent back to their home
libraries if the patrons have not picked them up.

-IT and Communications are looking for students to do USABILITY TESTING
ON THE INTRANET. The following is a brief description. Please contact
Amy Diehl, acdCM at hampshire.edu, if you are interested in helping. they
are looking for 1-3 students to do the testing. If you decide to do it,
please copy me when you email Amy that you want to participate. I did
the testing in December and it was really interesting to know how much
and how little I knew about where to find things on the intranet. Here
is description of the work:

 A small team of IT and communications staff is evaluating some of the
tools we use on campus for communicating with each other, focusing on
the Intranet, the announcements/events system and daily digest, and the
way people are able to find campus information online. Through a variety
of research methods we hope to collect data with the focus on improving
the overall efficiency and user experience of sharing information online
within the campus community. As part of our research, we would like to
do usability testing on the current systems, in order to find out what
is currently working and what could be improved. A usability test is a
one-on-one session facilitated by Amy Diehl, our web content manager who
works in the office of communications, where she will ask you to attempt
a series of tasks using Hampshire's systems, and talk aloud about the
process. The sessions usually run for one hour and snack will be
provided. Thank you for your willingness to help us improve our tools
and processes through your feedback.

Thank you and please ask if you have questions about this email.