[Circulation] KEY CHECKOUTS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Sun Dec 6 12:25:02 EST 2015

Hello All,

On Friday I got an email from a key supervisor who reported that one
evening this week an InfoBar student claimed to not know how to check
out a key. They then handed over the key to a student without checking
it out and then laughed t it off with either patrons or other student
workers who were at the desk.

IF THERE IS ANYONE ON THIS STAFF WHO DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CHECK OUT A
KEY AT THIS POINT IN THE SEMESTER YOU NEED TO TALK TO ME ASAP TO LEARN
HOW!

THIS IS TO REMIND YOU THAT ALL KEYS MUST BE CHECKED OUT, AND ONLY TO
AUTHORIZED USERS. Instructions for all key procedures, from finding out
who is authorized to borrow keys to actually loaning the keys, are found
on the Keys tab of the libguide. The libguide is bookmarked on all
InfoBar computers. If nothing else, YOU CALL ME when you do not know how
to do something! Again, my contact information is on the libguide, and
the contact list is also posted on the bulletin board.

Please know that this kind of careless behavior by InfoBar employees
will not be tolerated. The student handling this transaction put another
academic building at risk by handing a key to someone who may not have
been an authorized user. We also lost track of who had the key because
it was handed out without being checked out in Aleph. I do want to talk
to the InfoBar worker involved, and they would be wise to come and speak
to me directly before I do the detective work to find out who this was.

Thank you, and please ask when you have questions about any aspect of
your job. I am depending on you more than ever while our department is
short-staffed at this critical time during the semester.

413-559-5762