[Circulation] SPRING REMINDERS, INCLUDING SCHEDULE MEETING INFO

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 22 15:34:30 EST 2014

Hello All,

Welcome back!  Here are some reminders about working at the InfoBar:

-We are working on a temporary schedule through next Wednesday, 1/29.
All shifts have been covered once, but if you have not yet take hours
you may.  The temporary schedule is posted behind the InfoBar on the
bulletin board, you may put yourself on any shift that is only covered
by one person so far.

-The MANDATORY SPRING SCHEDULE MEETING WILL BE HELD WEDNESDAY, 1/29 AT
5:30PM IN THE BRADFORD ROOM.  At this meeting you will all draw
numbers and pick shifts in that order.  You will pick a day shift, an
evening shift, and an alternating weekend shift.  The schedules you
choose on the 29th will become effective on Thursday, 1/30.  Please
ask if you have questions about the schedule meeting.

-Please remember to write the EXPIRATION DATE on books that you are
placing on our hold shelf.  You will have to do this on the green
slips that you place in books that have holds on them as you check
them in.  Please remember to pay attention to the screen as you check
books in so that you do not miss hold messages.

-Some books needed for course reserves are still checked out to
patrons and had to be recalled.  PLEASE MAKE SURE TO GIVE ALL RETURNED
BOOKS WITH HOLDS FOR THE PATRON HC RESERVES TO BEV IN THE CIRCULATION
OFFICE.

-Lots of students have been asking how to add money to their printing
accounts.  Don't forget that they may add cash by paying it to me,
Bev, or Courtney in the circulation office.  They may also do it
themselves by going to the site papercut.hampshire.edu and adding $5,
$10, or $20 with a credit card.  The papercut address is listed on the
Library News tab of the libguide, as well as the Printing and Scanning
Tab:

http://libguides.hampshire.edu/content.php?pid=434829&sid=3557894

-DON'T FORGET TO LOG PATRONS' QUESTIONS IN GIMLET!  The staff person
who opens the library opens a session of Gimlet on each InfoBar
terminal.  We are using this data in multiple ways, so it is important
to log as many questions as you can!  Just make sure to change the
Initials box so that you get credit for answering the questions.
Please read through Gimlet each shift to see what patrons have been
asking about since your last shift.

-Lastly, we've had a few instances where students who were scheduled
were late or did not show.  I want to remind you all to be courteous
and CALL THE INFOBAR IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE 5 OR MORE MINUTES LATE!
Program the InfoBar number in your phone: 413-559-5440.  Calling this
number is more effective than calling me or Courtney directly.
Likewise, don't send an email.  We may be away from our desks but
there will always be someone at the InfoBar.  It's just common
courtesy to call so the person who needs to leave (or is expecting
you, like me)  knows that you are on your way.  This is what you
should do if the person relieving you does not show:

1.  CALL THEM!  Use the contact list posted on the bulletin board or
the one listed on the Library News tab of the libguide (see above).
This is why it is critically important for you to check the contact
list to make sure that I have your correct phone number.

2.  Post an emergency sub to the circstaff list.

3.  If you really have to leave, start calling people on the contact
list until you can find someone to relieve you.  YOU MAY NOT LEAVE THE
LIBRARY UNATTENDED!  You must wait for someone else to come in before
you leave.  Please be respectful of each other's time and pay
attention to the shifts you have agreed to work!

Questions, comments, concerns?  Email me.  Just make sure that when
you reply to a message that I posted that you are replying only to me,
and not the whole list.

Thank you,

ph:  413-559-5762
fax: 413-559-5419