[Circulation] COLORED TAPE ON BOOKS AND RESTARTING THE COMPUTERS AT MIDNIGHT

Suzanne M Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Thu Feb 24 11:22:34 EST 2011

Hello All,

Lately I've been seeing items with colored tape on the spines above
the call number labels in places where they shouldn't be.  Here is a
break down of what the tapes mean and where you should put them:

Red WORLD LANGUAGE Tape:  These should be shelved on the back wall of
the first floor outside of Technical Services.

Blue MEDIA SERVICES Tape:  These are videos that are very expensive or
are booked often.  When returned these videos should go back to Media
Services when the office is open or on the Media Return Shelf behind
the desk when the office is closed.  Please do not put them on the
A-HN cart for reshelving.  Also, some of these videos are on reserve
for classes and have both blue tape and yellow Reserve tape on them.
These videos go on the Reserve shelf.

Green OPEN RESERVES Tape:  These items are shelved by professor on the
back wall to the left of the reference desk.  These books are for
library use only.

Reference books (denoted by REF above the call number) should be
shelved immediately and not placed on a reshelving cart.

Lastly, I sent an email at the beginning of the month asking students
who close to RESTART the reference computers, and not shut them down.
When opening a couple of times I've noticed the computers were off.
Chris Slemp has a program that runs updates at 3am and it's important
that the computers be left on.

Thank you and please contact me if you have questions about any of this.