[Circulation] Trouble-Shooting Printing

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 22 14:02:41 EDT 2010

Hello All,

We've been having problems with patrons not getting the box to log in to their
account when sending jobs from the reference computers.  Here are the
directions for getting printing going again.

On the Mac side:  Press Control + Windows + E
                  Type  the letter a in both boxes and click exit
                  Open the Mac hardrive icon on the desktop
                  Doubleclick Oclient, then doubleclick it again
                  You will then see a box that says Initializing the Client

On the PC side:  Doubleclick the My Computer icon on the desktop
                 What should display are icons for the hard drive, dvd
                 drive and Osip (//Jupiter).  If you don't see a blue bar
                 indicating how much of Osip is free, Click the Start menu,
                 then Startup, then login

These procedures can all be done while the patron's document is still up.  If
you are not brave enough to try these procedures you can restart the computer
or have the patron move to a different machine.  I can give you a demonstration
of this if necessary.