[Circulation] Key Circulation

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 4 16:05:46 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I've been notified by Pub Safety that on Sunday afternoon a media basement
monitor attempted to borrow a key and the previous patron did not return it.
According to what I was told, the person at the desk told the borrower that
they could not tell who the key was checked out to.  This is to remind you all
that the only situation when you can break patron confidentiality is when
circulating keys.  This is the only time when you can tell the next borrower
who has a key out so that they can contact that person.

To find out who has a key, do a title search for Key #XXX (where XXX is the
actual number of the key).  Click the Circulation button.  You can then see the
name of the patron who has the key.  I will also make a screen print for you to
refer to.

Please contact me if you have questions about this.  Pub Safety was none too
happy to have to open the basement and I would very much like to avoid another
situation like this.