[Circulation] SEARCHING FOR RESERVES

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 27 16:03:56 EST 2010

Hello All,

Here is more information about searching for reserves in the library catalog.
If you are on campus, you can click the Reserves tab to search just Hampshire
reserves.  The catalog uses IP address recognition and knows you want to search
Hampshire.  See first attached screenshot.  You have the options of searching by
Instructor Name, Course Number, or Course Name.  No matter which search you
choose, you will have to click through a couple of screens until you are able
to get to the one with the call number.  One thing to note when searching the
Reserves tab: After you've performed a search, you have to hit the Basic tab to
perform another Reserves search.  You have to click the Start Over tab if you
want to exit the Reserves search entirely.  Please play around in it so you can
be prepared for when you have to work and help patrons find items.  I'll put
together more documentation soon.  We are also working on getting another
computer for the circ desk counter so that patrons can do searches on their
side of the counter so they can easily let us know which reserve items they
need.

Please contact me with questions.