[Circulation] Major Changes in Circ

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Tue Jan 26 13:06:35 EST 2010

Hello All,

Here are some things that have changed recently:

-We have done away with the Reserve binders.  Patrons will now go to the library
catalog to see their professor's readings and then tell us what items they want
(and hopefully the call numbers - we may have to help with that.  I'll probably
send some screen shots tomorrow with more info.

-Patrons will be able to request videos and DVDs themselves through the catalog
starting next Monday.  Those items requested through the catalog will go on our
hold shelf and be checked out at our desk, not media services.

-The hold shelf is now in order by patron name!!!

-Please don't shut down the reference computers when closing.  This was a
recommendation from the IT staff.

-If the library were on facebook, would you be a friend / fan?  The librarians
are finding that practically no one uses the blog and they are looking for ways
to reach out to students.  Let me know what you think and I will forward your
thoughts on to the librarians.

Thank you and contact me if you have questions about any of this.