[Circulation] REMINDERS

Suzanne Karanikis skaranikis at hampshire.edu
Sun Feb 7 10:36:09 EST 2010

Hello All,

Just a few reminders and observations:

-Please use the gold Hold slips for transferring books with holds at other
institutions.  Someone has been using the green Due slips this week.  The green
slips are for Div III students who leave books that are checked out in their
carrels.

-Our patrons have been taking advantage of the video and dvd requesting via the
catalog.  Videos and dvds are shelved on the regular holdshelf with books.
They are then checked out to the patron for 5 days.  Please remember to check
in all videos and dvds that are returned to the desk.  Five college media can
go on their designated return shelves.  I will get a box specifically for HC
media returns.

-I know we all haven't been looking at a patron's title request tab when patrons
come to pick up holds.  Even if you only look at the patron's id first and pull
the books, you should still look at the title requests tab to make sure you've
pulled everything.  As Pete pointed out, we may miss the oversize books since
they are not always shelved with the patron's other requests.

-Please shut down the reference area computers again.  The IT staff thinks
they've solved the problems that prompted us to not shut down the computers.
Shutting down the computers resets the print software and clears the desktop so
it is really necessary to do this.

Thank you and ask if you have any questions about this email or anything else
about your job.