[Circulation] Contact list and other news

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 27 14:22:13 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

I've attached a copy of the contact list in case you need to contact any of
your coworkers individually.

When Spoken Word Recordings are returned to the desk, you may reshelve them
immediately (on the shelves next to the reference desk), or if it¹s too busy
at the desk, leave them on the cart outside the circulation office where we
keep the Kael books that are waiting to be reshelved.

When I¹ve been in the stacks lately, I¹m noticing that some of the shelves
are stuffed with books and the ones above or below are relatively empty.  If
you are shelving and have to place a book on a shelf that is nearly full,
please take the time to shift some of the books from that shelf to one above
or below.  Ideally, we would like about 8 inches of empty space on the end
of each shelf for expansion.

Please sign in and out on the paper time cards that I have in a folder on
the bulletin board.  Most, but not all, of you are doing this.
You will continue to complete the paper cards and submit your electronic
card indefinitely.  Don¹t forget that the pay period ends this Saturday
(10/1).  Don¹t forget to log onto the hours to submit your hours!

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419