[Circulation] END OF SEMESTER BUSINESS

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Mon Dec 12 10:52:31 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all of the Friday students for keeping the library open during
the storm.  The library staff appreciates your doing this, and I'm sure your
fellow classmates do as well.

Here's a breakdown for what's happening now through Spring:

-THE LAST REQUIRED DAY OF WORK IS WEDNESDAY, DEC. 14.  YOU WILL BE EXPECTED
TO WORK YOUR REGULAR SHIFTS THROUGH MIDNIGHT THAT DAY.

-The library will be open until 10pm on Thursday, 12/15 and until 4:30pm on
Friday, 12/16.  Work is optional, and encouraged if you will still be on
campus.  It would be really great if someone could at least cover Chris'
dinner hour (7 - 8pm) on Thursday.  I've posted a temporary schedule for
these days and the following week.  Please put your name on the schedule if
you will be able to work.

-If you haven't done so already, please tell me if you will be working
during Janterm.  I will also expect everyone back for the Spring (except the
2 students who have already let me know they will be on leave).  We will
have a schedule meeting for Janterm probably on January 3.  Please let me
know if you will not be back on that day and I might push the meeting back a
day or 2.  I will send an email with the date and time of the meeting
sometime next week.

-For students not working during Janterm: you will be able to return to
campus starting on January 29.  The temporary schedule will run from Monday,
1/30 through at least Wednesday, 2/1 (first day of classes).  I will post a
schedule for that time and you will choose any 3 shifts on it.  They will be
regular 4-hour shifts, and the library will only be open through 10pm during
that period.

Please contact me if you have questions about any of this.  I will, of
course, be sending more reminders as we approach these dates.  Enjoy the
holidays if I don't get a chance to see all of you.

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419