[Circulation] End of semester schedule and snow policy

Suzanne Karanikis smkLO at hampshire.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:40:50 EST 2005

Hello Everyone,

Here's a recap of the END OF SEMESTER SCHEDULE:

Friday, December 10                         Last Day of Classes

Monday ­ Thursday, Dec. 12 - 15       Evaluation Period

Wednesday, December 14             Last Required Day of Work, Open until
Midnight

Thursday, December 15                    Residence Halls Close at 4:30pm,
Library Open until 10pm.
                                                      Work is Optional, but
encouraged if you will be around.  Evening help to
                                                      cover Chris¹ dinner
hour (7 ­ 8pm) would be especially appreciated.

Friday, December 16                         Library is open 8:30am ­ 4:30pm,
work is optional.

Please plan accordingly and start requesting subs if you plan to flee the
campus before your last required shift.  I will post a temporary schedule
for those students who wish to work beyond the 14th.

SNOW POLICY
Not that we have to consider this right now, but please be aware that the
library will remain open during / after snow storms even if the college
closes.  If the college closes early and staff is sent home, the library
will remain open regular hours and staffed by students.  Likewise, if we
have a storm overnight, the library will be opened by one of the public
services student workers, or the first circulation worker in at 9:30am.  I
would contact you the day before if you were in this position, and I would
go over the opening procedure with you.  Public Safety would be made aware
that you would be opening and would be prepared to unlock doors and turn on
lights.  The college has a hotline, x-5508, that you can call to find out if
it has closed.

Please contact me if you have questions about the end of semester schedule
or the snow policy.

Phone: 413-559-5762
Fax: 413-559-5419